As the summer is winding down, we’re taking a minute to catch our breath and look back on the busy year we’ve had. Since our move to Bicester Heritage, our business has continued to grow with both new and familiar customers and we are excited to see what the future brings. Thank you to all of you for trusting us with your cars — we certainly wouldn’t be where we are today without the support of so many vintage car enthusiasts. Some of our favorite memories from this year include:
- Opening our doors to the highest attended Scramble at Bicester Heritage in January, April and upcoming in October.
- Completing the Flying Scotsman’s 800 hard miles with no mechanical issues in our Sprite, finishing as the 3rd fastest Riley and 39th overall – not bad for first year- and we’ll be back in 2019!
- Finishing the Monte Carlo Classique in a Blue Diamond-restored MG TC with no mechanical issues – despite the terrible winter weather and no heat in the car.
- Sharing our passion for vintage cars across various countries by supporting participating customers and their Rileys:
- Concourse of Elegance at Hampton Court— displayed a 1935 Riley Imp in the Club concours. This is a car we carried a nut and bolt restoration on and is featured in our advertising.
- VSCC Prescott – making history with 3 Riley MPHs on display including the Metric MPH, this is only the second time in history it’s been back in the UK.
- Riley Register Coventry – sponsored the Register’s annual rally and had 2 MPHs on display
- SRE National Rally— sponsored and supported the Scottish Riley Enthusiasts national event for the 4th year running
- Riley Motor Club Nationally Rally – sponsored and support the oldest Riley Club’s national rally for the 4th year running
- Le Mans Classic – supporting customers with Riley Brooklands, MPH, and ex-works TT Sprite
- 1000 Mile Trial with an MG TB and a 6-cylinder special that Blue Diamond prepared
- Partnered with Historit with their cars, coffees and corners event by providing passenger laps in an MG K3
- Daylesford Concours – supported the VSCC with a customer’s Brooklands and our own MG F type
- Visited Bury Grammar School to support their STEM technology day– an initiative to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths to young children in education. The children were aged from 4-11 and were introduced to a Riley Brooklands, MPH and a 3 4 ½ Bentley.
And, of course, we have consumed numerous cups of tea and visited numerous events both within the UK and abroad. It’s been quite a year and we’re looking forward to adding on a few more accomplishments before the year comes to a close. We hope you’ll consider us for any of your pre-war needs. Stop by our location at Bicester Heritage, or give us a ring +44 (0) 1823 490429.