Blue Diamond Riley Services is looking for a Vintage Car Mechanic in the Bicester location. In this position, you will be a key member of the Blue Diamond Riley Services workshop team.
What are we looking for?
A good technical background and knowledge of classic and vintage cars, although this does not have to be Riley specific as manuals and literature will be provided to support you in your role. Most important of all is having a strong passion for the type of cars we work on day in day out.
We are a small team, so flexibility is a key part of the role. Your other duties will include preparation for and support during rally and racing events, collection and delivery of our customers cars, meeting and greeting the general public and representing the business during on-site events. At Blue Diamond Riley Services we have had almost 50 years of Restoring, Reviving and Rediscovering and no two days have been the same.
You will be a team player, able to work under your own steam and want to do the job to the best possible standard – as the old phrase goes, if you do it right you only do it once.
What’s it like working for us?
The job is based at our Bicester workshop (we also have one closer to the sea and sun in Rochford). Bicester Heritage is the UK’s only hub for historic motoring excellence, with over 40 other specialists based on site.
We are pre-war Riley specialists, but other pre and post war marques do make it through the workshop doors and we don’t love them any less…
The team carry out everything from basic servicing to full nut and bolt restorations and everything in-between, we also regularly compete and prepare cars for all of the major UK historic endurance rally events.
As a family run business with a passion for Riley’s our employees are at the heart of everything we do, so we not only offer a competitive salary but, the following benefits;
- Use of our own vintage cars to put your work and skills to the test when you aren’t at work.
- Discounted parts if your passion extends to a vintage Riley in your own garage.
- Company Pension.
- Monthly Fish and chip Friday or Food truck Friday at the on-site brewery ‘The Wriggley Monkey’.
- Free Fresh fruit – to counter the effects of the Fish and Chips!
- Opportunity to compete in the annual VSCC Winter Driving tests on site at Bicester Heritage.
The stuff we really need you to have before applying
- Commitment to delivering excellence every time.
- Sound grounding of mechanical knowledge gained on either Vintage or Classic cars.
- At least three years’ experience gained in a workshop environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under your own direction.
- Have experience of working to estimates.
- Full UK driving licence.
What to do if this sounds like your ideal job?
Please send your CV and covering letter with salary expectations to email@example.com, or post to Blue Diamond Riley Services Ltd, Unit 90 A1, The Main Stores, Bicester Heritage, Bicester, OX26 5HA.
Closing Date: 5 August 2022